Join thousands of farmers and make the switch to specialist agricultural insurer Achmea Australia.
What our clients say about insuring their business with Achmea Australia
Sue Nicholls, NSW
From famine to flood, Ben and Sue Nicholls have endured a lot in their life on the land. Based in Tottenham in Central West NSW, Ben and Sue are third generation farmers. Across multiple properties, they run cattle and sheep, and grow fodder as well as cash crops, including wheat, canola, barley, oats. Farming is at the heart of who they are.
The Nicholls switched their farm insurance to specialist agricultural insurer Achmea Australia in 2015. Since then, they have experienced the 2017-2019 drought and a storm so severe it almost demolished a home on one of their properties.
Read about their claims experience here.
The Casotti Group, Western Australia
Family-owned and operated for three generations, the Casotti Group in Western Australia is one of Australia’s largest private growers, packers, and wholesalers of quality fruit. The company supplies Woolworths, Aldi, Canning Wholesale Markets, and some of the larger independent retailers in the state, with quality fruit. They have been doing so for over 40 years.
Switching their farm insurance to Achmea Australia in 2021, the Casotti Group have the support of a specialist agricultural insurer, and protecting and enhancing a sustainable future for agricultural communities.
“When we first spoke with Achmea Australia, they came out and visited our orchards,” said Sam Russo, Group Accountant for the Casotti Group. “I was impressed with how they engaged with us and the genuine interest they took in understanding our business.”
Read about their experience with us here.
“We’ve had exceptional experience with Achmea Australia, we’re very happy with the service they provide,”Sam Russo
This is your journey. Take the next step with us.
With a legacy over 200 years old and a decade of keeping farmers farming in Australia, we respect our role in your journey, to be there when adversity strikes. This is your journey. Take the next step with us.
Have you considered the impact of inflation on your farm insurance?
In this video, as part of our Keeping Farmers Farming series, Achmea Australia Farm Insurance Specialist Gerard Bennett explains further how inflation may put you at risk of being underinsured, and why it is essential to keep your farm insurance up to date.
“Easy to deal with, straight forward and no-nonsense”
James and Sheryl Derrick – Karoola Station
Why farmers are insuring their agribusiness with Achmea Australia
When you insure your agribusiness with Achmea Australia, you:
- Choose a specialist agricultural insurer that remains true to its cooperative heritage and is guided by its purpose of keeping farmers farming.
- Have the ability to tailor our All-in-One Farm Pack to the unique requirements of your agribusiness.
- Have the support from our team who live and work in agricultural and metropolitan communities across Australia.
- Are able to speak directly with our team of dedicated Claims Specialists who will help manage your claim after a loss.
Request an appointment and/or quote with us today.
Corporate agricultural clients
Are you expanding your agribusiness? Avoid the risk of underinsurance and talk to us about your farm insurance needs.
Our corporate clients are often unique agribusinesses with complex insurance requirements.
Achmea Australia’s Corporate Agribusiness Team draws on extensive farm insurance knowledge to support the requirements of some of the largest agribusinesses in Australia. This may be particularly relevant if your insurance requirements have changed due to:
- the acquisition of new farms
- vertical and horizontal integration
- the need to streamline insurance across different farms to effectively manage risk and achieve improved insurance outcomes.
Focused on outstanding service delivery at a local and executive level, our Corporate Agribusiness Team looks forward to discussing your insurance needs.
It all started with a glass jar
- More than two centuries ago, 39 farmers established Achmea in the Netherlands to support each other and minimise the risks faced by each other’s farms, not just their own.
- Their commitment to a truly co-operative approach to insurance remains alive and well today.
- Join our growing community of farmers and request an appointment and/or quote today.
“Achmea’s knowledge of the industry really sets them apart from other insurers in the country.”Jon Murphy, Murphy Fresh
Our All-in-One Farm Pack: How it Works
You identify which categories of insurance are required.
You decide on what level of cover is required for each item to be insured. We offer three levels of cover, providing maximum flexibility for you.
You determine what level of excess is appropriate for each insured item.